Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I've learned my lesson :) & Bits and Pieces


BITS & PIECES
It's now been a while since I sent in my manuscript. I think about 3 weeks now. I'm taking this as being possible good news. Of course, they tell writers that it could take 6 - 8 weeks to get an answer. And an answer could be a rejection slip, it doesn't guarantee acceptance. I try not to think about it too much, but am a little excited about what might be. I've already got a plan if it isn't accepted, I plan to work harder in finding an illustrator. I know that this is one big thing lacking in this project. Some publishers put writers with illustrators once a book is accepted. But I'm not sure what their policy is on this. I would have much rather submitted the artwork with the book. But some things just can't be helped. So again... I will wait...
(I'm learning so much this fall without being in school :)LOL)

I hate to say this, but I'm so very proud of myself... last night as I sat here at the computer working, I noticed headlights pulling into our parking space. I took a few deep breaths, said a short prayer, and to be honest, waited. I was not going to go out there and do anything. One look at what I will probably carry with me for the rest of my life, reminded me that nothing... NOTHING is worth getting that upset about. And by morning when hubby came home, they were gone. I have peace with myself and feel good about being able to control and to rationalize this whole thing. It's over now. Sure, there will be others who might do the same thing as these people did, but now I know that when I'm faced with this situation, I can win over it. Thank you God!

No comments: