Saturday, September 16, 2006

God's grace, healing, and blessings

God is soooo good. He loves us so much that he tries his best to teach us something new every day. I've learned over the past week to be grateful for what I use to think was a run down body. I'm grateful that I will soon have the ability to walk again. I'm grateful that he has touched my body in a way so that it can heal itself. I've learned that nothing is worth anger when pain is a result. And I've learned that instead of 'getting mad, raising my blood pressure, and stressing out' that it really takes a lot less time to just say "God Bless YOU". I'm not saying that I don't get irritated or angry any more, but with the energy that is created from such negative feelings, I choose now to say "God Bless" to the situation or the person who seems to bring on those feelings. I don't know what made me think of this but I was out and about today (THANK YOU GOD, with out much pain) and someone just cut in front of me causing me to slam on my brakes. Instead of getting all bent out of shape, I just heard myself say "Well, God bless you." And knowing the idea of reciprocality, I know that instead of my negative thoughts to the person who has 'wronged' me, I know that if I ask God to bless them, I'm really asking God to bless me too. I think this is going to work out just fine. :)

And I am soooooo happy and thankful that the pains in my knee aren't near as bad as they have been. I do think that healing is well on its way now. It still doesn't look too good. But I'm still glad that the terrible throbbing and the sharp stabbing pains are gone.

I went to the mall today and people couldn't help but look at my knee. I felt so yucky, but I carry my booboo as a reminder and as a teaching tool. When given the opportunity to share, I do. I went to the bank yesterday, and the cashier asked me what happened to my knee and of course she said how bad it looked. And I told her the whole long story (no one was in line :)) and at the part when I explained that we had had so many people park in our spot and got no help in keeping them out, she began explaining that she wouldn't let that happen if it were her spot. And this is the part I love most about being a teacher... I got to share with her what I'd learn through this experience... anger turned outward can hurt us. I also learned that if I communicated sufficiently with those in charge that something would be done. I don't think I did a good enough job before I got hurt. I think that by going in to the office face to face and really being forceful and putting the problem into their hands that that's what did the trick. We haven't had anyone park in our spot since.

Deep sigh... well, enough therapy for today. Gotta go make potato soup for hubby (his request for dinner tonight)

No comments: